, Hello, and Welcome to Progressive Web Apps Tutorial conducted by ACADGILD! It is a frontend webinar, introducing you to progressive web development and also make you build the first progressive web app.
Objectives: After completing this webinar session, you will able learn,
• What is Progressive Web Application
• Why is it called a progressive web application? Instead of calling a web application?
• Why Progressive Web Apps
• Progressive Web Apps Use Cases
• Characteristics of Progressive web app
• Technology that comes under progressive web app
Progressive Web Application
• Takes advantage of the latest technologies to combine the best of web and mobile apps
• Think of it as a website built using web technologies but which acts and feels like an app
• Latest advancements in types of browsers, availability of service workers, cache, and Push APIs have enabled web developers to allow users to:
* Install web apps to their home screen
* Receive push notifications and
* Work offline
Why Progressive Web Apps?
• On an average, an app loses 20% of its users for every step between a user’s first contact with the app and its ultimate usage.
• A User must first find the app in an app store, download it, and then open it.
• When a user finds your progressive web app, they will be able to immediately start using it, eliminating the unnecessary downloading and installation steps
• When the user returns to the app, they will be prompted to install the app and upgrade to a full screen experience.
• Amazon found that every 100 milliseconds of latency cost them 1% in sales, google found that an extra 0.5 seconds in search page generation time, dropped traffic by 20%. A broker could lose $4 million in revenues per millisecond if their electronic trading platform is 5 milliseconds behind the competition.
Progressive, Discoverable, Linkable, Responsive, App-like, connectivity-independent, installable and safe.
Terminology – App Shell and Template
Storage – Cookies, Web Storage, IndexedDB, and App Cache
Service Workers –
• Tools – Visual studio code
• GitHub (if not Unix based OS)
So watch the video completely and learn how to build a progressive web app and build your first web app.
For more updates on courses and tips follow us on: